Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY Project #1 Paper Flower

This is my first blog ever, I feel so old, lol. Well recently I have been getting into DIY projects from hair care to cleaning products to decorations to food to clothes. I have looked at fellow bloggers and youtubers to try my hand at what they have created that seemed simple enough for me to do. Well, it may be simple but not everything works out for me.

I have decided to create a blog dedicated to me trying out projects and ideas created by other people. Because, isn't that the whole purpose to during the tutorials. I am always coming across posts/comments of people who have tried a particular project and it came out great. Well yippee dee do for them. The same cannot be said for me. I have failed at some of these projects more times than I have succeeded.

While on Pinterest (this site will make you believe you can do it all), I came across a pin for tutorials on making paper flowers. I found a video by selectionsbyER called 3rd paper Flower tutorial. Her directions were very easy to follow and I think I did a pretty good job.

I kept it very basic with:
             1 sheet of white printing paper
             1 bobby pin
              Scissors
              Old earring
             3 different size circles to trace
              Glue gun and glue
             Wire cutter

I traced the three different size circles and cut those out. I then took each circle and folded them in half. And then in half again. The next step was to unfold once and do a trifold. Once you do this, simply curve each side of the triangle (or cut a small mountain lol) and trim the top. Then unfold. When I did this my petals where still connected. So note that you must trim beginning where your curve (or mountain ends) on both sides. Repeat on remaining petals. I then took a booby pin and twisted each petal. The next to final step was to simply layer the petals from largest to smallest. Finally I pushed in the center with and old earring and super glued it to keep it in place. Then snipped the end of the earring off. And BAM!!! lol

I didn't paint it because I wanted to see how it would come out first. And lets be honest, I did not want to waste paint nor the small amount of time it would have taken to paint something that I would have thrown in the trash. But on this DIY. I loved the results. What do you guys think?


No comments:

Post a Comment