Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quick Father's Day DIY

Hey guys its me again! At church we are celebrating Father's Day today because we do not have church next Sunday.

I came across this pin while on Pinterest that showed a very quick and easy Father's Day craft. The idea came from Bits of Everything. The link goes to her tutorial on how she assembled hers. Beautiful by the way.

I tweaked mine to go with my invisible budget, lol. Here are the supplies that I used because it is what I had on hand:
                Children (lol, they were super excited to help make them)
                Envelopes [make sure they have the security lining (I used the short ones)]
                Glue
                Construction paper
                Scissors
                1 sheet of computer paper to trace the image of the tie
                Pen

I  was running low on printer ink so instead of simply printing out the outline of the tie, I used a sheet of computer paper and traced it off my iPad and cut it out.  I then took that cut out and traced about 8 ties on one sheet of construction paper.

I placed about 5 sheets together and cut out each tie (saves time instead of cutting on sheet at a time). Here is where the children come into the action, lol. I had the youngest ones glue the envelopes closed with some water. It turned into a competition to see who could finish first.

I had my oldest niece cut the ends off each envelope and I then cut the small slit in the middle to form the shirt. Once you cut the middle (you do not have to go that far down, the father your go, the bigger the collar fyi). The small children then glued the ties to the shirts.

I kept the ties simple and easy so that it would not be difficult for the kids to work with. And because of my nonexistent budget, we are not using candy. I came across this image while Googling Father's Day quotes, make sure you look at the images. So I used the rest of my printer ink and print out a couple of them in black and white and glued them on some index cards and slide them right on in.


Here are some of the finished product.What do you guys think? I think the kids did GREAT!




No comments:

Post a Comment